These last six years have flown by! When I first decided to start my business, I was single, living in Northern VA with three other roommates and working for an adoption agency. I had loved photography since high school and would randomly take photos for friends, worked for other photographers in college, etc. Always dabbling in photography, but still keeping a different full time job. Always learning and growing, but more as a hobby and not for money. When I moved to Northern VA, things started growing, and I began getting requests for actual jobs… engagements, weddings, newborns, etc. I quickly knew that if I wanted to accept jobs for payment, I needed to become legit (more on that later) and become an official business. So in the Spring of 2007, I officially became a sole proprietor business, Dacia Photography. In 2010, I quit my job and dove straight into full time photography. I’m so grateful to get to work with so many amazing people! So much has changed since getting that little business license. My business recently changed to Kristen Thomas Photography, and over the years my style has changed, many things have improved, and I’ve had many lessons learned in balance and boundaries. Now juggling many more hats as wife, mommy, and photographer. God is so good, and I’m thankful for so many blessings!
So to celebrate and kick off the seventh year in business, I’m hosting a giveaway! Anyone can participate, just follow the directions below through Rafflecopter, and a random winner will be chosen on June 30 at midnight to receive some of my favorite things. Easy breezy!
- Origami Owl silver locket with choice of 3 charms – Origami Owl is a relatively new company (started by a 14 year old girl!) that specializes in “Living Lockets”, clear lockets that you customize by filling them with charms that represent you. You can have charms for your family birthstones, hobbies, faith, pets, sports, pretty much anything! They have hundreds of charms to choose from, and because the lockets are magnetic, you can add to your locket/switch out charms as you go! There are many different chains and dangles to choose from as well. I’ve literally had women stop me in the grocery store to ask about my locket. It truly is jewelry that means something!
For anyone interested in looking through the website, please visit my friend Katie’s page at www.designwithkatie.
origamiowl.com. If you place an order, please select Kristen Thomas Photography from the party menu (during checkout), and you will receive a complimentary charm as a thank you for ordering!
- Organic Bloom black frame with a handmade print by Beanstalk Loft– Organic Bloom offers amazing boutique frames in a huge variety of shapes and colors. Their frames are available for professional photographers, and they can connect you with a photographer near you who sells them. They are a gorgeous way to display your photographs, and for this giveaway, the black frame will include a handmade print by Beanstalk Loft with one of my favorite verses from Song of Solomon. This verse was one that encouraged me when I was single and was perfect to use at our wedding. Check out her beautiful hand lettering creations on her Etsy page!
- Imani white beaded bracelet – Imani is an incredible company I discovered a few months ago through a friend, and I love their jewelry. Totally beautiful and stylish and purchased with a purpose! Imani partners with women in Uganda to make these gorgeous creations. These women live in poverty stricken areas of Uganda and are escaping the sex trade. Imani provides these women with opportunities for a better life: fair trade wages, trauma counseling, business classes and English classes. Their employment through Imani allows these women the ability to provide for their families through making beautiful jewelry!
- $25 Altar’d State giftcard – Altar’d State is a wonderful little store in my area with unique and stylish clothing, shoes, jewelry, hair accessories, and just about everything in between! I also love them because they carry brands of several companies who give to back to areas struggling with poverty, and every Monday, 10% of their proceeds go to a local charity. They have a pretty extensive online store, so the winner will have no problem finding a great gift!
- Dove chocolate…. *sigh* my weakness!
- And a few of my favorite beauty essentials: Essie nail polish “In Stitches” & Pacifica natural minerals lipgloss “Vanilla Hibiscus” in a gorgeous pink with a slight shimmer. The winner will receive the whole bundle! (Plant and lantern not included)